Journal to the Self© Class
Here is the Fall 2023 workshop line-up:
Wed., Sept. 20 from 12 – 1:15 p.m. (MT) on Zoom [alive]
Sat., Oct. 21 from 10 – 11:15 a.m. (MT) in person [compassionate]
Wed., Nov. 15 from 12 – 1:15 p.m. (MT) on Zoom [connected]
Sat., Dec. 9 from 10 – 11:15 a.m. (MT) in person [quiet]
It’s in the most basic, essential, beginning stories that so much of our lives are written. Who loved you best? What made you finally believe in yourself? From what garden or pot or crack in the pavement did you grow? How did you get your water?
Can you trust this journal method?
Journal to the Self was written by the internationally recognized author and counselor, Kathleen Adams, LPC. Behind diarist Anne Frank and novelist and essayist Anais Nin, Adams was named the third most influential person in the 20th century to have contributed to the field of journal writing.
Due to the vision of Kathleen Adams, Journal to the Self bridges the world of counseling with the spheres of personal development and expressive arts.
This method also makes the expressive arts accessible to all and honors the process as a sacred and rebellious act of self-love.
With the help of the Journal to the Self journaling tools, you can gently but powerfully explore the various aspects of yourself, your life, and your relationships with others.
You can learn how to:
- Safely release tension, frustration, anger, and other strong emotions
- Increase time-management and organizational skills
- Track cycles, patterns, and trends in your life
- Keep a record for the future of how your life unfolds
- Clarify personal or professional goals
Embrace social support:
- Find support for your journaling from your peers
- Regard your journal as a trusted, valued friend
- Write your autobiography in a group setting
Practice positive thinking:
- Write spontaneously and with joy
- Outwit dreaded writer’s block and increase overall writing skills
Practice personal spirituality:
- Experiment with creative writing
- Access your subconscious and unconscious minds and tap into the vast knowledge stored there
- Unlock the mysteries of your dreams
The class teaches journaling tools to help you become self-therapeutic. This empowers you to find your own answers and to believe in your ability to choose the right tools. I’m excited to be your guide at The Writing Shed as a Certified Instructor of the Journal to the Self class.
Valuable features for you:
- Unlike many journaling courses offered online, I offer consistent and live guidance.
- You will take away 18 journaling tools that you can use for the rest of your life.
- This is not a self-guided course, like many offered online. You will join a live and supportive community on Zoom to witness your growth.
- You will be learning a type of expressive writing backed up by scientific research as effective in reducing stress, expanding memory capacity, and encouraging you to develop a more coherent narrative about your life.
- You will write in your very own Journal to the Self workbook, a powerful souvenir for future inspiration.